The average time the 17th- and 18th-century peasants and laborers spent to pay off the debt incurred by their passage to America (about $100) was four years.
- What dollar amount was named in the original title of the “Pyramid” game shows?
- How much time did Alexis de Tocqueville spend in America before writing Democracy in America?
- Did the Brontë sisters publish their novels under their own names?
- In what election did a politician profess to regret “the necessity, real or imaginary, which has been supposed to exist, of appealing to the feelings and passions of our countrymen, rather than to their reasons and their judgments”?
- How many time zones are there in North America?