No, Dooley Wilson didn’t actually play the piano in Casablanca (1942).
Wilson sang in the movie, but couldn’t play piano.
Accompaniment was dubbed in.
- Who introduced the first episode of “Gunsmoke” (CBS, 1955-75)? John Wayne introduced the first episode of "Gunsmoke" (CBS, 1955-75). On September 10, 1955, Wayne explained that he was not able to star in the show, but had recommended a young actor named…
- Who is credited with the screenplay for Gone With the Wind (1939)? Sidney Howard is credited with the screenplay for Gone With the Wind (1939).
- Where was the first nickelodeon? The forerunner to the modern movie theater, the nickelodeon, first opened in McKeesport, Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh, in 1905. The nickelodeon showed motion pictures with musical accompaniment.
- What are Jekyll’s and Hyde’s first names? In the 1886 work by Robert Louis Stevenson, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Henry Jekyll is the London doctor who creates the potion that turns him into Edward Hyde.
- Who were the Ding-a-Ling Sisters? The four dancers known as the Ding-a-Ling Sisters came from the larger dancing group, the Golddiggers. They appeared on "The Dean Martin Show" (NBC, 1965-74) from 1970 to 1973.
- On “The Flip Wilson Show” (NBC, 1970-74), what was the name of the boyfriend of the character Geraldine? On "The Flip Wilson Show" (NBC, 1970-74), the name of the boyfriend of the character Geraldine was Killer.