Hoagy Carmichael won in 1951 for “In the Cool Cool Cool of the Evening,” which appeared in Here Comes the Groom, starring Bing Crosby.
- What was the name of the piano player Hoagy Carmichael portrayed in To Have and Have Not (1944)?
- For what fictitious movie did Vicki Lester (Judy Garland) win the Best Actress Oscar in A Star Is Born (1954)?
- Who was the first black man to win an Oscar for Best Actor?
- Why is the head groomsman at a wedding called the best man and why isn’t there a best woman?
- At the 1933 awards, the Oscar for Best Director was not for Frank Capra, who won?