Walter Matthau directed only one movie, Gangster Story (1959).
He both directed and starred in it.
- What was Fritz Lang’s first American film? Born in Vienna in 1890, the director Fritz Lang came to Hollywood in 1934. Fritz Lang's first American film was Fury (1936), for MGM. His last was Beyond a Reasonable Doubt (1956), for…
- Where was the stagecoach going in the 1939 movie Stagecoach? The stagecoach in the 1939 movie Stagecoach was going from Tonto, New Mexico, to Lordsburg, Arizona.
- How many movies did David Lean make? David Lean made sixteen movies. David Lean won the Oscar for best director twice, for The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957) and Lawrence of Arabia (1962).
- What is the most violent film on record? The 1984 film Red Dawn, directed by John Milius, takes top honors for the most violent film on record. It contains 134 acts of violence per hour, or 2.23 per minute.
- What did Jim McKay do before “ABC’s Wide World of Sports” (1961)? Jim McKay appeared on several shows for ABC, "Sports Spot" (1951), "Make the Connection" (1955), and "The Verdict Is Yours" (1958) before "ABC's Wide World of Sports". In 1961, he appeared on "Wide…