Zelda Fitzgerald wrote one novel, Save Me the Waltz (1932).
- When did James Joyce get married? James Joyce married Nora Barnacle in 1931, just ten years before his death. They had lived together since 1904.
- Who is the unhappy Werther’s beloved in Goethe’s novel The Sorrows of Young Werther (1774)? The unhappy Werther's beloved in Goethe's novel The Sorrows of Young Werther is Lotte.
- What was the nationality of Hermann Hesse? The German-born author of Siddhartha (1922) and Steppenwolf (1927) Hermann Hesse became a Swiss citizen at the outbreak of World War I. He received the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1946.
- In what business were Dombey and Son in Charles Dickens’s 1847-48 novel? In Charles Dickens's 1847-48 novel of that name, Dombey and Son was a shipping firm.
- What is a flibbertigibbet as described in the 1965 musical The Sound of Music? Shakespeare used the word in King Lear to describe a devil, and Sir Walter Scott used it in Kenilworth to describe a young rascal. But the meaning Rodgers and Hammerstein intended, a talkative…
- What was Hiawatha’s tribe? The hero of Longfellow's Song of Hiawatha (1855) belonged to the Mohawk tribe, one of the Five Nations of the Iroquois.