The WIN in the WIN buttons stood for Whip Inflation Now.
- How many U.S. presidents have registered patents? Just one U.S. president has registered patents Abraham Lincoln. He secured patent 6469 for a plan to buoy steamboats over shoals.
- Who was the first president born west of the Mississippi? The first president born west of the Mississippi was Herbert Hoover. President Hoover was born on August 10, 1874, in West Branch, Iowa.
- How many articles of impeachment were recommend before President Nixon resigned? There were three articles recommended before Nixon's resignation on August 8, 1974. Twenty-eight minutes after Nixon delivered his letter of resignation, Gerald R. Ford was sworn in as the new president.
- Where was the assassin of civil rights leader Martin Luther King, James Earl Ray arrested? The assassin of civil rights leader Martin Luther King, James Earl Ray, was arrested by Scotland Yard detectives at a London airport on June 8, 1968. Ray had shot King on April 4,…
- Who was the first black professional hockey player? Willie O'Ree, who played one season for the Boston Bruins, 1960-61 was the first black professional hockey player.
- How many debates were held by Abraham Lincoln and Stephen Douglas in 1858? The two candidates for the U.S. Senate in Illinois in 1858, Abraham Lincoln and Stephen Douglas, held seven debates. Democrat Douglas was reelected. But Lincoln's strong performance in the campaign led to his…