Macauley Connor worked for Spy magazine in The Philadelphia Story.
- What was Miss Lonelyhearts’ real name? Miss Lonelyhearts' real name was never given.
- In what movie does Bette Davis say, “I’d love to kiss you, but I just washed my hair”? Bette Davis says, "I'd love to kiss you, but I just washed my hair" in Cabin in the Cotton (1932).
- Who was the first postmaster general of the United States? The Continental Congress appointed Benjamin Franklin to the position of first postmaster general of the United States in 1775. In 1789, Samuel Osgood was named the first postmaster general under the new Constitution.
- Where was author Marguerite Duras born? Author Marguerite Duras was born in Indochina, in 1914. The French writer is the author of the novel The Lover (1984) and the screenplay Hiroshima, Mon Amour (1960).
- In what Alexander Pope poem is reference made to “damning with faint praise”? In the "Epistle to Dr. Arbuthnot" (1735), reference is made to "damning with faint praise". In the satiric poem, Alexander Pope wrote: "Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer,/And, without sneering, teach…
- How many times did Raymond Massey play Abraham Lincoln? Raymond Massey played Abraham Lincoln twice. In Abe Lincoln in Illinois (1940) and in How the West Was Won (1962).