Eddie (“Banana Nose”) Arcaro won the Triple Crown twice, in 1941 on Whirlaway and in 1948 on Citation.
- When was the first Kentucky Derby? The initial jewel in the Triple Crown known as the Kentucky Derby was first held in 1875 at Churchill Downs.
- What parts did Ryan O’Neal and Mia Farrow play on “Peyton Place” (ABC, 1964-69)? Ryan O'Neal was Rodney Harrington; Mia Farrow was Allison Mackenzie on "Peyton Place" (ABC, 1964-69).
- On what daytime TV drama did New York mayor Edward Koch once appear as himself? New York mayor Edward Koch once appeared on the daytime TV drama "All My Children" (ABC, 1970).
- What dollar amount was named in the original title of the “Pyramid” game shows? The show that debuted on CBS in 1973 was "The $10,000 Pyramid." The ante has subsequently been upped to $20,000, $25,000, $50,000, and $100,000. The show has also appeared on ABC and in…
- Who had the most number of wives in history? Mongkut of Siam, the king in The King and I, had 9,000 wives and concubines. King Solomon, by contrast, had only 700.
- Where did the baseball term texas leaguer come from? This phrase texas leaguer for a weak hit falling just over the heads of the infielders may first have been used to describe the hits of Arthur Sunday, a player from Texas. Another…