U.S. military expenditures during Reagan’s first term totalled $1.5 trillion dollars.
Between 1981 and 1986, the U.S. national debt doubled, expanding from $1 trillion to $2 trillion.
- In what year was Errol Flynn charged with statutory rape? Errol Flynn was charged with statutory rape in 1942. He was accused of the statutory rape of two teenage girls on his yacht. He was acquitted.
- How typical is the American nuclear family, with two parents and their children living together? The American nuclear family is not very typical, according to an analysis of 1990 census data by the Center for the Study of Social Policy. The most common type of household in the…
- How wide is a golf hole and how deep is it? A golf hole is 4.25 inches in diameter and at least 4 inches deep.
- Whose death leads Ira Wells (Art Carney) to team with Margo Sperling (Lily Tomlin) in The Late Show (1977)? His former partner Harry Regan's (Howard Duff) death leads Ira Wells (Art Carney) to team with Margo Sperling (Lily Tomlin) in The Late Show (1977). Regan had been hired by Sperling to locate…
- What did Gomer Pyle do before he joined the Marines? Gomer Pyle was the gas station attendant in Mayberry on "The Andy Griffith Show" (CBS, 1960-68) before he joined the Marines.
- What was the first state to secede from the Union? The first state to secede from the Union was South Carolina, which seceded on December 20, 1860, in response to the November election of Abraham Lincoln as president.