How long did passengers use New York’s original Pennsylvania Station?

Passengers used New York’s original Pennsylvania Station for 53 years, from its opening in 1910 to its demolition in 1963.

Designed by McKim, Mead & White, the two-square-block structure was made of granite with a Doric colonnade.

It was torn down to make way for the Madison Square Garden sports and office complex.

Leave a Comment