“The Richard Pryor Show” (NBC) ran for five episodes, from September to October, 1977.
- How many cast members have received residuals from the endless reruns of “The Honeymooners” (CBS, 1955-56)? Only Audrey Meadows, who played Alice Kramden, received residuals from the endless reruns of "The Honeymooners" (CBS, 1955-56). Her manager negotiated for TV residual rights before most people took them seriously.
- What TV theme songs have hit the Billboard Top 10? "Dr. Kildare": "Three Stars Will Shine Tonight," sung by Richard Chamberlain (reached #10 in 1962) "Dragnet": "Dragnet Theme," Ray Anthony Orchestra (reached #3 in 1953) "The Greatest American Hero": "Believe It or Not,"…
- Who requested that DJ Dave Garland (Clint Eastwood) Play Misty for Me (1971)? Jessica Walter, playing Evelyn Draper requested that DJ Dave Garland (Clint Eastwood) Play Misty for Me (1971).
- What movie was the basis for the TV show “Daktari” (CBS, 1966-69)? Clarence the Cross-Eyed Lion (1965), was the basis for the TV show "Daktari" (CBS, 1966-69) , with Betsy Drake and Marshall Thompson.
- Was TV’s “Bridget Loves Bernie” (CBS, 1972-73) based on a movie? The TV series "Bridget Loves Bernie" was loosely based on Abie's Irish Rose (1946), in which an Irish girl named Rosemary (Joanne Dru) marries a Jewish boy named Abie (Richard Norris), leading to…
- Who was the lyricist and who was the composer for the Gilbert and Sullivan operettas? W. S. Gilbert wrote the lyrics and Arthur Sullivan wrote the Gilbert and Sullivan operettas.