A cosmic year is the length of time it takes the sun to complete one revolution around the center of the Milky Way galaxy.
A cosmic year is about 225 million earth years.
The sun is between 20 and 21 cosmic years old.
- Who said of Judy Garland’s death, “She just plain wore out”? Ray Bolger, her costar (as the Scarecrow) in The Wizard of Oz (1939).
- With whom does Kugelmass have an affair in Woody Allen’s short story “The Kugelmass Episode” (1977)? Kugelmass has an affair with Emma Bovary in Woody Allen's short story "The Kugelmass Episode". The Great Persky projects the bored professor into Flaubert's Madame Bovary (1856) and Emma Bovary into modern Manhattan.
- Do American women still earn less money than American men? Yes folks, American women still earn less money than American men. In 1988, the median weekly earnings of full-time female workers in all occupations were 70.2 percent of male workers' earnings.
- When was Halley’s comet first spotted? Chinese astronomers made the first recorded observation of Halley's comet in 240 B.C. In 1705, English astronomer Edmund Halley was the first to theorize that comets travel in regular orbits around the sun.…
- Do Hens sit on eggs? After a fashion. Hens squat on the eggs, supporting most of their weight with their feet. Their nests also provide a protective cushion for the eggs.
- When is George Washington’s birthday? For the first 19 years of his life, George Washington (born in 1731) celebrated his birthday on February 11. After the British parliament replaced the Julian calendar with the Gregorian calendar (in 1752),…