The Elizabethan Age ran for the 45 years of the reign of Queen Elizabeth I of England, from 1558 to 1603.
- How many people died at the infamous Andersonville Prison? More than 13,000 Union prisoners died at Andersonville, the largest Confederate military prison. Most died of neglect. The prison's commandant, Captain Henry Wirz, was the only Civil War soldier executed for war crimes.
- What does the military nickname “G.I.” stand for? The military nickname "G.I." stood for Government Issue. The term was introduced during World War II.
- How tall is the average American? According to the National Center for Health Statistics, the average American male is 5 feet 9.1 inches tall. The average American female is 5 feet 3.7 inches tall.
- Which states or territories had the highest presidential voter turnout in 1988 and which had the lowest? The three states or territories with the highest voter turnout in the 1988 presidential election, in descending order, were: 1. Minnesota. 66.3 percent 2. Montana. 62.41 percent 3. Maine. 62.15 percent The three…
- How do you tell the sex of a cat? Raise the cat's tail. If you see what looks like a colon (the punctuation mark), you're probably looking at a male. If you see an upside-down semicolon, it's a female.
- What language contains the most words? English is the wordiest language, with approximately 455,000 active words and 700,000 dead words.