John Ford shot nine films in Monument Valley, on the Arizona-Utah line.
- When were George Burns and Gracie Allen married? George Burns and Gracie Allen were married in 1926. Their marriage lasted until Gracie's death in 1965.
- What was the original name of IBM? The company IBM, now known as International Business Machines was originally founded as the Computing Tabulating Recording Company in 1911.
- What was the last major battle between U.S. troops and Native Americans? The Battle of Wounded Knee, South Dakota, on December 29, 1890, was the last major battle between U.S. troops and Native Americans. Twenty-nine U.S. soldiers and nearly 200 Sioux men, women, and children…
- Where was gladiator film star Steve Reeves born? Steve Reeves was born in Glasgow, Montana, in 1926. The bodybuilding champion became famous in Italian mythological epics beginning with Hercules (aka Le Fatiche di Ercole) in 1957.
- What did the “D. W.” in director D. W. Griffith’s name stand for? "D. W." in director D. W. Griffith's name stands for David Wark (1874-1948).
- What part did future director John Ford play in The Birth of a Nation (1915)? John Ford played a Ku Klux Klan member in The Birth of a Nation.