Four people are killed in Taxi Driver (1976):
the pimp Sport; the “timekeeper” for Iris the prostitute; Iris’s Mafioso customer; and the grocery store robber.
- How many female directors have been nominated for an Academy Award? One female director has been nominated for an Academy Award. Lina Wertmuller was nominated for Seven Beauties in 1976. She didn't win.
- How many movies did Sylvester Stallone appear in before Rocky (1976)? Sylvester Stallone appeared in eight movies before Rocky (1976): A Party at Kitty and Stud's (The Italian Stallion) (1970); Bananas (1971); The Lords of Flatbush (1973); Capone (1973); The Prisoner of Second Avenue…
- Who was the first person executed for witchcraft in America? Margaret Jones of Charlestown, Massachusetts, was the first person executed for witchcraft in America, on June 15, 1648. This was nearly five decades before the Salem witch trials of 1692– 93.
- How many spinoffs did the TV series “Happy Days” (ABC, 1974-84) generate? The TV series "Happy Days" (ABC, 1974-84) generated three spinoffs: "Laverne and Shirley" (ABC, 1976-83) "Mork and Mindy" (ABC, 1978-82) "Joanie Loves Chachi" (ABC, 1982-83).
- In American Graffiti (1973), who was the blonde in the white T-bird? Suzanne Somers played the woman in the white 1956 Thunderbird in American Graffiti (1973).
- What was Piper Laurie’s last film before her role as Carrie’s insane mother in Carrie (1976)? Piper Laurie's last film before her role as Carrie's insane mother in Carrie (1976) was The Hustler (1961). Before that she had mostly played ingenues in films such as Son of Ali Baba…