John Updike has written four Rabbit novels: Rabbit Run (1960), Rabbit Redux (1971), Rabbit Is Rich (1981), and Rabbit at Rest (1990).
The hero of all four is Harry Angstrom, nicknamed “Rabbit.”
- What is the subtitle of Kurt Vonnegut’s Slaughterhouse-Five? The subtitle of Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five is The Children's Crusade: A Duty-Dance with Death.
- Do any animals besides black cats supposedly bring bad luck? Yes, hares supposedly bring bad fortune. Legend has it that witches transform themselves into hares, so crossing a hare's path may mean meeting up with a witch. Further, hares have been believed by…
- How many parts does Alec Guinness play in Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949)? Alec Guinness plays all of the eight members of an aristocratic family killed off in the dark comedy Kind Hearts and Coronets.
- When were George Burns and Gracie Allen married? George Burns and Gracie Allen were married in 1926. Their marriage lasted until Gracie's death in 1965.
- What were dish houses during the great depression? During the Depression, dish houses were movie houses that offered dishes as inducement for attending the shows.
- Who came first, Daniel Boone or Davy Crockett? Legendary frontiersman Daniel Boone was an old man when Davy Crockett was just starting his own career as a backwoodsman. Born in Pennsylvania, Boone (1734-1820) is best known for his exploration and settlement…