Charles Laughton played Captain Kidd twice, in Captain Kidd (1945) and in Abbott and Costello Meet Captain Kidd (1952).
- Who created Nancy Drew? Edward Stratemeyer created Nancy Drew, under the pseudonym Carolyn Keene. The prolific author died in 1930.
- Where can you find Thomas Edison’s last breath? A vial containing the air representing Thomas Alva Edison's last exhalation is a prime draw at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan. Originally known as the Edison Institute for Technology in honor…
- Where was the dinner at eight held in Dinner at Eight (1933)? The dinner at eight was held at the Park Avenue home of Mr. and Mrs. Oliver Jordan. Lord and Lady Ferncliffe were supposed to be the guests of honor. They never showed.
- How many actresses interviewed for the part of Scarlett O’Hara? There were 1,400 actresses who interviewed for the part of Scarlett O'Hara in Scarlett Letters. Four hundred were asked to do readings.
- Who turned down the lead for The Jazz Singer (1927)? George Jessel turned down the lead for The Jazz Singer (1927).
- Who were the Three Stooges? Making their debut in Soup to Nuts (1930), the Three Stooges were Moe Howard, Larry Fine, and a string of actors in the third role: Shemp Howard, Jerry "Curly" Howard, Joe Besser, and…