Ernest Hemingway was married four times.
- What kind of an accident cripples Ethan Frome in Edith Wharton’s novel, Ethan Frome (1911)? Ethan Frome and his beloved, Mattie Silver, drive a sled into a tree in a botched suicide attempt in Edith Wharton's novel, Ethan Frome.
- How many Pulitzer prizes did Robert Frost win? Robert Frost won four Pulitzer prizes, for New Hampshire (1924), Collected Poems (1931), A Further Range (1937), and A Witness Tree (1943).
- How much did composer Aaron Copland know about the historical subject of his ballet Billy the Kid (1938)? Composer Aaron Copland knew very little about the historical subject of his ballet Billy the Kid (1938). Copland admitted that his knowledge of the career of Western outlaw William H. Bonney (1859-81) was…
- When did critic and writer C. S. Lewis marry Joy Davidman? C. S. Lewis married Joy Davidman in 1956. She died of cancer in 1960, three years before Lewis's own death in 1963. Their story is told in Lewis's A Grief Observed (1961).
- How many times was Henry Miller married? Henry Miller was married four times.
- In how many movies did Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, and Sydney Greenstreet star together? Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, and Sydney Greenstreet star together in two movies, The Maltese Falcon (1941) and Across the Pacific (1942). Both were directed by John Huston.