Between June 1928 and December 1929, the major studios spent about thirty-seven million dollars converting their filming structures to sound stages.
- How much time did Alexis de Tocqueville spend in America before writing Democracy in America?
- What was Universal Studios mogul Carl Laemmle doing before he got into movies?
- Who else died with actor Vic Morrow during the filming of Twilight Zone The Movie (1983)?
- Did the Brontë sisters publish their novels under their own names?
- In what election did a politician profess to regret “the necessity, real or imaginary, which has been supposed to exist, of appealing to the feelings and passions of our countrymen, rather than to their reasons and their judgments”?