A 1 carat diamond weighs 200 milligrams, or 3.086 grains troy.
The measurement originally represented the weight of a seed of the carob tree.
- How many ways can a batter reach first base without hitting the ball? There are six ways a batter can reach first base without hitting the ball. A walk; being hit by a pitch; a dropped third strike; catcher's interference; a pitched or thrown ball intended…
- Who said, “From what I hear about Communism, I don’t like it because it isn’t on the level”? Gary Cooper said, "From what I hear about Communism, I don't like it because it isn't on the level".
- What were the real names of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid? Cassidy, the leader of the Hole-in-the-Wall Gang, was born Robert Leroy Parker in Circleville, Utah, on April 1, 1866. He was one of 10 children. The Sundance Kid was born Harry Longbaugh in…
- How far can a U.S. Army Pershing missile travel? The 34.5-foot, 10,000-pound surface-to-surface Pershing missile has a range of approximately 400 miles.
- When was the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted List started? The FBI's Ten most wanted list was started in 1950. In 1970, the FBI unofficially increased the number to 16.
- What is the last line of Little Caesar (1930)? The last line of Little Caesar (1930) was "Mother of Mercy, is this the end of Rico?"