Judy Garland was sixteen when she made The Wizard of Oz.
- In what city was the waterfront in On the Waterfront (1954)? New York was the city in the movie On the Waterfront (1954).
- Who played James Bond in the movie Casino Royale (1967)? David Niven played James Bond in the movie Casino Royale (1967). His nephew, Jimmy Bond, was played by Woody Allen.
- What was Annette Funicello’s and Frankie Avalon’s first movie together? Beach Party (1963) was Annette Funicello's and Frankie Avalon's first movie together. Their arch-nemesis in that film was Eric Von Zipper, the would-be tough biker, played by Harvey Lembeck.
- Where was the first drive-in movie? The first drive-in movie opened on a 40-acre parking lot in Camden, New Jersey, on June 6, 1933. The creation of New Jersey entrepreneurs Richard M. Hollinshead, Jr., and Willis Smith started a…
- What was Lou Gehrig’s only film role? The baseball legend Lou Gehrig played himself in a western called Rawhide (1938). In the film, Gehrig quits baseball to retire out West, where he tangles with ranching racketeers.
- What was the first film in which Andy Hardy appeared? A Family Affair (1937), with Lionel Barrymore as Judge Hardy and Mickey Rooney as his son Andy, was the first film in which Andy Hardy appeared. The Andy Hardy series began officially, however,…