In his confrontation with a bank robber in Dirty Harry (1971), Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood) fired six shots.
The robber was not shot.
- Who was the inspiration for Jimmy “Popeye” Doyle in The French Connection (1971)? New York City policeman Eddie Egan was the inspiration for Jimmy "Popeye" Doyle in the movie The French Connection.
- Which number did Ryan O’Neal’s character in Love Story (1970) have after his name? Ryan O'Neal's character had the number IV after his name, as in "Oliver Barrett IV.", in Love Story (1970). His father was Oliver Barrett III, played by Ray Milland.
- Who said, “This year I’m a star, but what will I be next year, a black hole?” Woody Allen said, "This year I'm a star, but what will I be next year, a black hole."
- Who did the voice of the dog in A Boy and His Dog (1975)? Tim McIntire gave his voice to the telepathic dog Blood in the post-apocalyptic science fiction movie A Boy and His Dog. Blood himself was played by Tiger of TV's "The Brady Bunch" (ABC,…
- Is Sigourney Weaver any relation to old TV and movie comedian Doodles Weaver? Yes, TV and movie comedian Doodles Weaver was Sigourney Weaver's uncle.
- Was Casablanca (1942) ever turned into a TV series? Yes, Casablanca (1942) was a TV series twice. In the 1955-56 season, "Casablanca" (ABC) was a short-lived thirty-minute series starring Charles McGraw as Rick Jason (changed from Rick Blaine). In 1983-84, ABC attempted…