In The Big Easy (1987), the name of the slush fund into which police graft is being funneled is The Widows and Orphans Fund.
- Who created the phrase “a thousand points of light”? Peggy Noonan created the phrase "a thousand points of light", in a speech she wrote for presidential nominee George Bush at the 1988 Republican Convention.
- What was director John Ford’s (1895-1973) real name? Director John Ford's (1895-1973) real name was Sean Aloysius O'Feeney.
- What year was Martin Luther King Day first observed as a federal holiday? Martin Luther King Day was first observed as a federal legal public holiday on January 20, 1986.
- To which U.S. president’s death was the question asked, “How can they tell?” Humorist Dorothy Parker made the quip "How can they tell?" after U.S. President Calvin Coolidge's death in 1933.
- Who played the woman in Roger Vadim’s first version of And God Created Woman (1957)? Brigitte Bardot played the woman in Roger Vadim's first version of And God Created Woman (1957). Rebecca De Mornay played the woman in Vadim's 1987 And God Created Woman?
- Who else died with actor Vic Morrow during the filming of Twilight Zone The Movie (1983)? Two Vietnamese extras, six-year-old Renee Chen and seven-year-old Myca Dinh Lee, died with actor Vic Morrow during the filming of Twilight Zone The Movie (1983). All were killed while a helicopter scene was…