Jessie Royce Landis, who played Grace Kelly’s mother in To Catch a Thief (1955), extinguishes a cigarette on a plateful of eggs.
- How far can a kangaroo jump? Large kangaroos cover more than 30 feet with each jump. One large kangaroo was measured as clearing a pile of timber 10.5 feet high and 27 feet long.
- What is Audrey Hepburn’s national origin? She was born Audrey Hepburn-Ruston near Brussels, Belgium, on May 4, 1929. Her father was an English banker and her mother a Dutch baroness.
- How large do tapeworms get? Tapeworms range in size from about 0.04 inch to more than 50 feet in length.
- Why is twenty-one considered the age of legal adulthood? The practice grew out of British common law. Before the Norman invasion, thirteen or fourteen was considered the age of adulthood, at least among the nobility. But during battles, it was observed that…
- How old was Lolita when Humbert Humbert first met her? Lolita was twelve when Humbert Humbert first met her.
- Where was Needle Park in New York City? Needle Park, the infamous hangout in New York for addicts and dealers in the 1960s and 1970s was Verdi Square Park. It is named for the Italian composer, and occupies a triangular area…