Robert DeNiro had a bit part as a gypsy cabdriver in Jennifer On My Mind (1971) before Taxi Driver.
- How many female directors have been nominated for an Academy Award? One female director has been nominated for an Academy Award. Lina Wertmuller was nominated for Seven Beauties in 1976. She didn't win.
- What were the fates of the four main characters in American Graffiti (1973)? As noted at the end of the film, John Milner (Paul LeMat) was killed by a drunken driver in December, 1964; Terry Fields (Charlie Martin Smith) was reported missing in action near An…
- In American Graffiti (1973), who was the blonde in the white T-bird? Suzanne Somers played the woman in the white 1956 Thunderbird in American Graffiti (1973).
- What was Piper Laurie’s last film before her role as Carrie’s insane mother in Carrie (1976)? Piper Laurie's last film before her role as Carrie's insane mother in Carrie (1976) was The Hustler (1961). Before that she had mostly played ingenues in films such as Son of Ali Baba…
- How many spinoffs did the TV series “Happy Days” (ABC, 1974-84) generate? The TV series "Happy Days" (ABC, 1974-84) generated three spinoffs: "Laverne and Shirley" (ABC, 1976-83) "Mork and Mindy" (ABC, 1978-82) "Joanie Loves Chachi" (ABC, 1982-83).
- What part did Chuck Yeager play on-screen in The Right Stuff (1983)? Chuck Yeager was Fred the bartender in The Right Stuff (1983).