Man evolved in the Pleistocene epoch, which began about 2.5 million years ago and ended about 10,000 years ago.
We now live in the Recent (or Holocene) epoch, beginning about 10,000 years ago.
- When do scientists believe the earth formed? The earth was formed 4.6 billion years ago.
- What is the name of Kane’s first newspaper in Citizen Kane? The New York Daily Inquirer was Kane's first newspaper in Citizen Kane.
- How long did Martha Graham choreograph only for women? The pioneer of modern dance Martha Graham (1894-1991) choreographed for women from 1927 to 1938. She began her own dance troupe in 1929. Her works include Deep Song and Night Journey.
- When did Bela Lugosi first play Count Dracula? The Hungarian actor Bela Lugosi first played the role onstage in the 1927 Broadway production of Dracula. It was adapted by Hamilton Deane and John Balderston from Bram Stoker's novel. Lugosi became famous…
- For whom was Levittown named? Levittown was named for the construction company that designed and built the post-World War II suburban developments, Levitt and Sons, William Levitt, owner. The first Levittown development was built between 1947-51 in Hempstead,…
- What is the name of Bette Davis’s character in All About Eve (1950)? Margo Channing was the name of Bette Davis's character in All About Eve (1950). Anne Baxter played her young fan and rival Eve Harrington.