Emerson’s idea of “the soul of the whole” appeared first in the essay, “The Over-Soul,” included in his First Series (1841).
- When did President Nixon introduce the term the “Silent Majority”?
- Where are Emerson, Thoreau, and Hawthorne buried?
- What poet in what poem says “I am the master of my fate/I am the captain of my soul”?
- What author said of what work, “I have protracted my work til most of those whom I wished to please have sunk into the grave, and success and miscarriage are empty sounds: I therefore dismiss it with frigid tranquility, having little to fear or hope from censure or from praise”?
- When did Johnny Carson take over NBC’s “Tonight Show” (NBC, 1954)?