Errol Flynn was charged with statutory rape in 1942.
He was accused of the statutory rape of two teenage girls on his yacht.
He was acquitted.
- What was the first Fu Manchu movie made as a sound feature? The Mysterious Dr. Fu Manchu (1929), starring Warner Oland, was the first Fu Manchu movie made as a sound feature.
- Who was the first U.S. president to visit the Soviet capital of Moscow while in office? Richard Nixon was the first U.S. president to visit the Soviet capital of Moscow while in office in 1972.
- What is the meaning of the term Looking a Gift Horse in the Mouth? The phrase "to look a gift horse in the mouth" is as old as the fourth century A.D. and once had a literal meaning. Up to a certain number of years, a horse's…
- Who said of Judy Garland’s death, “She just plain wore out”? Ray Bolger, her costar (as the Scarecrow) in The Wizard of Oz (1939).
- With whom does Kugelmass have an affair in Woody Allen’s short story “The Kugelmass Episode” (1977)? Kugelmass has an affair with Emma Bovary in Woody Allen's short story "The Kugelmass Episode". The Great Persky projects the bored professor into Flaubert's Madame Bovary (1856) and Emma Bovary into modern Manhattan.
- How many times did Raymond Massey play Abraham Lincoln? Raymond Massey played Abraham Lincoln twice. In Abe Lincoln in Illinois (1940) and in How the West Was Won (1962).