No, the Gerber baby is not a painting of the young Humphrey Bogart.
The now famous portrait was of a baby girl named Ann Turner and was sketched by artist Dorothy Hope Smith in 1928.
- Which actor did Raymond Chandler think gave the best performance as Detective Philip Marlowe? Raymond Chandler thought Dick Powell, in Murder, My Sweet (1945), gave the best performance as Detective Philip Marlowe.
- Did Hoagy Carmichael ever win an Oscar for Best Song? Hoagy Carmichael won in 1951 for "In the Cool Cool Cool of the Evening," which appeared in Here Comes the Groom, starring Bing Crosby.
- Who was William Randolph Hearst’s extramarital love interest, the model for Susan Alexander in Citizen Kane (1941)? Marion Davies, an actress for whom Hearst founded a movie production company, Cosmopolitan Pictures (which was absorbed by MGM in 1925), was William Randolph Hearst's extramarital love interest and the model for Susan…
- In how many movies did Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, and Sydney Greenstreet star together? Humphrey Bogart, Mary Astor, and Sydney Greenstreet star together in two movies, The Maltese Falcon (1941) and Across the Pacific (1942). Both were directed by John Huston.
- Who sang for Lauren Bacall in To Have and Have Not (1944)? Lauren Bacall sang for Lauren Bacall in To Have and Have Not (1944). Andy Williams was hired to dub her voice, but Bacall's voice was used after all.
- How many times did Eugene Debs run for president? A labor organizer who led the Pullman strike of 1894, Eugene Debs ran for president five times, once in 1900 on the Social Democratic ticket and four times as the Socialist candidate (1904,…