The hyoid bone resides by itself in the throat and does not connect with other bones.
It supports the tongue and its muscles.
- How much skin covers the human body? The average body has 14 to 18 square feet of skin.
- How many times did Ralph Bellamy play the “other man” with whom Cary Grant had to compete for the heroine’s affections? Ralph Bellamy played the "other man" twice, in The Awful Truth (1937), where Irene Dunne was the woman; and in His Girl Friday (1940), where Rosalind Russell was the woman.
- Whose death leads Ira Wells (Art Carney) to team with Margo Sperling (Lily Tomlin) in The Late Show (1977)? His former partner Harry Regan's (Howard Duff) death leads Ira Wells (Art Carney) to team with Margo Sperling (Lily Tomlin) in The Late Show (1977). Regan had been hired by Sperling to locate…
- What is the longest recorded attack of hiccuping, sneezing, or yawning? The longest hiccuping attack lasted 65 years. The longest sneezing fit lasted 978 days. The longest yawning ordeal took five weeks.
- How much of the body is made up of bones? Strong and light, the skeleton of the average person accounts for less than 20 percent of body weight.
- What is the apple of one’s eye? The apple of one's eye is the pupil, which was likened to an apple because, in the ninth century, it was believed to be a solid round mass.