The seven virtues are:
faith, hope, charity (or love), prudence, justice, fortitude, and temperance.
The first three are called the theological virtues, the last four the cardinal virtues.
- What is the tongue-twister that kicks off a song-and dance number in Singin’ in the Rain (1952)? The tongue-twister that kicks off a song-and dance number in Singin' in the Rain (1952) was "Moses supposes his toses are roses but Moses supposes erroneously."
- What is the rank of hands in poker? The hands in poker in order of value, from highest to lowest: Royal Flush Straight Flush Four of a Kind Full House Flush Straight Three of a Kind Two Pairs One Pair High…
- When did Raphael Holinshed write his chronicles? Raphael Holinshed's Chronicles of England, Scotland, and Ireland appeared in 1577. This history was Shakespeare's source for much of Macbeth, King Lear, and Cymbeline. Holinshed died about 1580.
- Who looked back in anger in Look Back in Anger (1959)? Richard Burton, playing British malcontent Jimmy Porter in Look Back in Anger (1959).
- What are the opening and closing lines to A Tale of Two Cities? The opening line: It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief,…
- In what war did Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910) serve? Leo Tolstoy served in the Crimean War (1853-56), though he is best known for his treatment of the Napoleonic Wars in War and Peace (1863-69).