Three novels comprise John Galsworthy’s The Forsyte Saga:
- 1. The Man of Property (1906)
- 2. In Chancery (1920)
- 3. To Let (1921)
and two “interludes”:
- 1. Indian Summer of a Forsyte (1922)
- 2. Awakenings (1922)
- Who were the Fugitives and Agrarians? The Fugitives and Agrarians were a group of writers associated with Vanderbilt University in Nashville in the 1920s and 1930s. The most famous of the group were Robert Penn Warren, John Crowe Ransom,…
- What was Ernest Hemingway’s first published book? Ernest Hemingway's first book was Three Stories and Ten Poems (1923); it was published in France in a small edition. His first book published in the United States was In Our Time (1925),…
- What are the books in John Dos Passos’s U.S.A. trilogy? The books in John Dos Passos's U.S.A. trilogy are: The 42nd Parallel (1930) 1919 (1932) The Big Money (1936) The three were first published together in 1937.
- What was Pip’s real name in Great Expectations? Philip Pirrip was Pip's real name in Great Expectations.
- How did the monsters Scylla and Charybdis wreak havoc? Scylla, a female six-headed monster, captured sailors and ate them. Charybdis was a whirlpool (or a creator of whirlpools) that swallowed ships. The two creatures lay in wait on either side of the…
- Whose friend is My Friend Flicka (1941)? In the novel My Friend Flicka by Mary O'Hara, Flicka, a half-wild filly, is the friend of ten-year-old Ken McLaughlin in Wyoming.