Both Tin Lizzie and The Flivver were nicknames for the Model T, introduced by Henry Ford in 1908.
- What actress grew up into Whoopi Goldberg in The Color Purple (1985)? Desreta Jackson, who played Celie as a child in The Color Purple (1985).
- Who was the Tootsie Roll named after? The Tootsie Roll was named after Clara Hirschfield, the daughter of the candy's creator. Leo Hirschfield who invented the Tootsie Roll had given her this pet name. He gave the name to the…
- Is anyone credited with writing the piano exercise “Chopsticks”? Arthur de Lulli is named as the writer of the 1877 piano exercise. The name is actually a pseudonym for a sixteen-year-old girl named Euphemia Allen.
- How tall was the Mayor of Munchkinland in The Wizard of Oz (1939)? The actor who played the Mayor of Munchkinland in The Wizard of Oz (1939), Billy Curtis, was four feet, two inches tall. Curtis (1909-1988) was also the star of the first all-little-people Western…
- When was English first introduced into the Roman Catholic mass in the U.S.? Partial use of English was introduced to the U.S. liturgy on November 29, 1964. Latin was not completely phased out of the liturgy until Easter 1970.