Judas received thirty pieces of silver for betraying Christ.
In Matthew’s Gospel, Judas throws away the money and hangs himself after the betrayal.
- What words end in gry? Angry, hungry, and gry, which is a now obsolete unit of measure that is equal to 0.008 inch.
- Where was Gethsemane mentioned in the bible? Gethsemane was the garden where Jesus was visited by an angel and betrayed by Judas. It was located on the western slope of the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem.
- Did Pythagoras discover the Pythagorean theorem? Since the ancient Greek mathematician and philosopher (fifth century B.C.) left no writings behind, it is hard to tell if Pythagoras discovered the Pythagorean theorem. His disciples in the Pythagorean school credited him…
- What movie character was portrayed in newspapers as “Cinderella Man”? Longfellow Deeds (Gary Cooper) in Mr. Deeds Goes to Town (1936) was portrayed in newspapers as "Cinderella Man". The newspaper reporter writing about (and falling in love with) him was Babe Bennett (Jean…
- In an average year, how many Americans are audited by the IRS? In 1980, the Internal Revenue Service audited 1,528,927 returns, 1.9 percent of all returns submitted. The IRS claimed in 1980 it spends $4.40 for every $1,000 it collects from taxpayers.
- Who took the lead parts in The King and I (1956)? Deborah Kerr and Yul Brynner had the lead parts in The King and I (1956). Brynner won an Oscar.