Monty Hall was a medical school student in Manitoba, Canada before he hosted “Let’s Make a Deal” (NBC, CBS, 1963-76).
- For how long was “Ted Mack’s Original Amateur Hour” on TV? "Ted Mack's Original Amateur Hour" was on TV for twelve years, from 1948 to 1960 on the DuMont network, ABC, NBC, and CBS. During that time, Pat Boone and Gladys Knight made their…
- When did the PBS science TV series “Nova” premiere? The PBS science TV series "Nova" has been on the air since 1974.
- What are the complete names of Rocky, Bullwinkle, Boris, and Natasha? Rocket J. Squirrel, Bullwinkle J. Moose, Boris Badenov, and Natasha Fatale. "The Bullwinkle Show" aired on ABC (and later NBC) from 1959 to 1963 in 147 episodes.
- Which was larger, the landslide that elected Herbert Hoover to the presidency in 1928 or the landslide that removed him in 1932? By the electoral votes of two states, the 1932 landslide that removed Herbert Hoover was more complete. In 1928, Hoover captured the electoral votes of 40 states; in 1932 Franklin D. Roosevelt captured…
- Who is buried in Grant’s Tomb? Ulysses S. Grant and his wife Julia Denton Grant are buried in Grant's Tomb on Manhattan's Upper West Side.
- Who was the original host of the TV show “To Tell the Truth” (CBS, 1956-67)? Bud Collyer was the host when the show "To Tell the Truth" ran on prime time on CBS. When it went into syndication in 1969, Garry Moore took over.