The apple of one’s eye is the pupil, which was likened to an apple because, in the ninth century, it was believed to be a solid round mass.
- What was Lincoln’s “eye for an eye” order issued during the Civil War?
- Where did the part of the throat known as the Adam’s apple get its name?
- Whom did private eye Matt Helm work for?
- Did Neil Armstrong say, “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind”?
- Who warned, “Our nation is moving toward two societies, one black, one white, separate and unequal”?