The inscription on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington National Cemetery reads: “Here Rests in Honored Glory an American Soldier Known But to God.”
Arlington has been a military cemetery since 1864.
- Who was the oldest man to be elected as U.S. president? Ronald Reagan, at 69 in 1980 and at 73 in 1984, was the oldest man to be elected president.
- What is the score at the end of the game in “Casey at the Bat”? The score at the end of the game in "Casey at the Bat" was two to four, with the "Mudville nine" losing to an anonymous team thanks to "Mighty Casey" striking out in…
- What side won the following Civil War battles? First Bull Run, Virginia Confederacy July 21, 1861 Shiloh, Tennessee Union April 6-7, 1862 Second Bull Run, Virginia Confederacy August 29-30, 1862 Antietam, Maryland Union September 17, 1862 Federicksburg, Virginia Confederacy December 13,…
- What was the first minimum wage? When the first minimum wage was instituted in 1938, it was 25 cents per hour.
- How long were the 52 American hostages held in Teheran, Iran? The 52 American hostages were held for 444 days, from November 4, 1979, to January 20, 1981, the day Ronald Reagan was inaugurated president.
- Who was the first president to invite an African-American man to the White House? Theodore Roosevelt, who invited Booker T. Washington, was the first president to invite an African-American man to the White House.