The mixture of Russian with American and British slang in A Clockwork Orange is called “Nadsat.”
- What part does country singer Randy Travis play in Young Guns (1988)? Country singer Randy Travis is a ring member in Young Guns (1988).
- How did the red-light district get its name? The red light came from an actual lamp, the red oil-lamp that hung on the last car of a railroad train. These lamps were carried by railroad men to and from trains, and…
- Where was Marlon Brando born? Marlon Brando was born in Omaha, Nebraska, in 1924.
- How long has The Fantasticks been running? The musical The Fantasticks by Tom Jones and Harvey Schmidt has been running for over thirty years, since May 1960.
- What movie introduced the line, “If you want to call me that, smile”? The Virginian (1929) introduced the line, "If you want to call me that, smile". Gary Cooper said it. Owen Wister, author of the novel The Virginian, phrased it as "When you call me…
- To what does the Variety headline “Stix Nix Hix Pix” refer? The Variety headline "Stix Nix Hix Pix" refers to the idea that small-town residents do not like movies about small-town life.