The hands in poker in order of value, from highest to lowest:
Four of a Kind
Three of a Kind
High Card (No Pair)
- How old is the Associated Press? The news agency the Associated Press was organized in 1848.
- What was the name of the American Indian woman who guided Lewis and Clark? Sacajawea was the woman who helped Lewis and Clark find their way on their western expedition beginning in 1804. A Shoshoni, she was captured in childhood by the Hidatsa Sioux and sold to…
- When did Franklin Roosevelt first use the term “New Deal” to describe his program for recovery? Franklin Roosevelt first used it in his acceptance speech for the presidential nomination at the 1932 Democratic National Convention in Chicago.
- How old are the earliest musical instruments? In the caves of France, archaeologists have found carved bones that appear to be wind and percussion instruments. These instruments date from about 25,000 to 20,000 B.C.
- When was the Nativity Scene first represented in art? The scene of the newborn Christ, the Virgin Mary, and often shepherds and the Magi is familiar to most of us. The Nativity Scene was first represented in the fourth century, carved on…
- Do Gargoyles on medieval cathedrals have a practical function? Gargoyles, the grotesque statues that decorate medieval cathedrals, and the medieval-influenced architecture of some universities, are not merely decorative. A gargoyle is technically a waterspout that projects from a roof gutter to throw…