The source of the title The Catcher in the Rye is a reference to Robert Burns’s poem “Comin’ Through the Rye” (1792), which Holden Caulfield quotes.
- What was the name of Holden Caulfield’s roommate in The Catcher in the Rye (1951)?
- What is the source of O. Henry’s title The Four Million (1906)?
- What is the source of the title of Thomas Wolfe’s novel Look Homeward, Angel (1929)?
- What is the source of the title of Richard Wright’s Native Son (1940)?
- What poem is the source of the title of Robert Penn Warren’s World Enough and Time (1950)?