The subtitle of Nathaniel Hawthorne’s The Scarlet Letter (1850) was A Romance.
- What was a summoner or A canon’s yeoman or A franklin or A manciple or a reeve?
- What is the repeated response of Bartleby the Scrivener to his boss?
- In the novel, The Scarlet Letter, who is the father of Hester Prynne’s child, Pearl?
- Who are the three wives who receive the same letter in A Letter to Three Wives (1949), and who wrote it?
- What was Samuel Gompers’s (1850-1924) occupation before he became a labor leader?
- With whom did Guy de Maupassant (1850-93) study?