Two Women (1961) was the movie that made Sophia Loren famous, for which she won an Oscar.
She was also awarded a special Oscar in 1990.
- Where was gladiator film star Steve Reeves born? Steve Reeves was born in Glasgow, Montana, in 1926. The bodybuilding champion became famous in Italian mythological epics beginning with Hercules (aka Le Fatiche di Ercole) in 1957.
- How many times did Raymond Massey play Abraham Lincoln? Raymond Massey played Abraham Lincoln twice. In Abe Lincoln in Illinois (1940) and in How the West Was Won (1962).
- What did the O in David O. Selznick (1902-1965) stand for? The O in David O. Selznick (1902-1965) stood for Oliver.
- What stuntman somersaults out of Ben-Hur’s chariot during the chariot race in Ben-Hur (1959)? Yakima Canutt's oldest son Joe was the stuntman who somersaults out of Ben-Hur's chariot during the chariot race in Ben-Hur (1959). The younger Canutt was doubling for Charlton Heston and was accidentally tossed…
- When was the movie rating system started? The Motion Picture Association of America started the Code and Rating Administration Board in 1968.
- What is the blue note? The blue note is a musical note, usually a flatted third or seventh, that gives a blues feeling to a song. The Blue Note is also the name of a popular nightclub in…