Anna Christie (1930), Greta Garbo’s first sound film was advertised with the slogan “Garbo Talks”.
- When was the movie rating system started? The Motion Picture Association of America started the Code and Rating Administration Board in 1968.
- What is the last line of Little Caesar (1930)? The last line of Little Caesar (1930) was "Mother of Mercy, is this the end of Rico?"
- What was the complete lineup in Abbott and Costello’s “Who’s on First” comedy routine? First Base. Who Second Base. What Third Base. I Don't Know Shortstop. I Don't Give a Darn (I Don't Care) Catcher. Today Pitcher. Tomorrow Left Field. Why Center Field. Because Right Field. Not…
- In what Western did John Wayne say, “Don’t apologize. It’s a sign of weakness”? John Wayne said, "Don't apologize. It's a sign of weakness" in She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949), in the character of Captain Nathan Brittles. He was upbraiding one of his soldiers.
- Where in the Bible does it say that cleanliness is next to godliness? Nowhere in the Bible does it say that cleanliness is next to godliness. It came from John Wesley (1703-1791), the British theologian who founded Methodism.
- What movie introduced the line, “If you want to call me that, smile”? The Virginian (1929) introduced the line, "If you want to call me that, smile". Gary Cooper said it. Owen Wister, author of the novel The Virginian, phrased it as "When you call me…