Thackeray’s Vanity Fair (1848) is subtitled “A Novel Without a Hero”.
- What was the first American novel?
- What Alfred Hitchcock movie is based on a Joseph Conrad novel?
- On what novel was the TV series "The Flying Nun" (ABC, 1967-70) based?
- In the novel, The Scarlet Letter, who is the father of Hester Prynne's child, Pearl?
- What kind of an accident cripples Ethan Frome in Edith Wharton's novel, Ethan Frome (1911)?
- What is the source of the title of Thomas Wolfe's novel Look Homeward, Angel (1929)?