Thackeray’s Vanity Fair (1848) is subtitled “A Novel Without a Hero”.
- How many copies of Gone with the Wind have been sold? Margaret Mitchell's 1937 Pulitzer Prize winner Gone with the Wind has been translated into 27 languages and has sold over 20 million copies.
- What works comprise Pale Horse, Pale Rider by Katherine Anne Porter? There are three short novels in the 1939 collection by Katherine Anne Porter: 1. "Pale Horse, Pale Rider" 2. "Noon Wine" 3. "Old Mortality"
- Who is the hero of William Faulkner’s Light in August (1932)? The hero of William Faulkner's Light in August is Joe Christmas. He was a man believed to be part black, who murders a white woman named Joanna Burden and is castrated and killed…
- Who is the hero of Richard Wright’s Native Son (1940)? The hero of Richard Wright's Native Son is Bigger Thomas, a black man from Chicago who murders a white woman and is executed for it.
- What is the fastest speed recorded for a male downhill skier? The fastest downhill speed for skiing to date for a man is 139.03 miles per hour by Michael Pruffer of France. The fastest woman on skis is Tara Mulari of Finland, clocked at…