His Family by Ernest Poole won the first Pulitzer Prize in 1918.
- Was the author of the James Bond novels ever an agent himself? Yes. Ian Fleming (1908-1964), the author of the James Bond novels began his intelligence work during World War II, when he served as the director of Naval Intelligence in Britain. After D Day,…
- Who was the first African-American to win the Pulitzer Prize in Literature? Gwendolyn Brooks won the Pulitzer Prize in Literature in 1950, for Annie Allen.
- What is a doppelganger? Derived from the German words Doppel (double) and Ganger (walker), a doppelganger is the personification of another side of a character's personality. The apparition often represents a demonic side and may herald oncoming…
- Who was the first woman to be awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature? Selma LagerlOf of Sweden was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1909. She is known for such works as Jerusalem (1901-02), a collection of stories about Swedish peasant life.
- When and for what work did Winston Churchill win the Nobel Prize in Literature? Winston Churchill won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1953 for The Second World War.
- When was the Pulitzer Prize for general non-fiction established? The Pulitzer Prize for general non-fiction was first awarded in 1962 to Theodore H. White for The Making of the President 1960.