Roman Polanski played a spoons player in his film Repulsion (1965).
Polanski also played the man with the knife who cuts Jack Nicholson’s nostril in his film Chinatown (1974).
- How many film versions of Holiday have there been? There were two film versions of Holiday. The 1930 film featured Ann Harding as Linda Se-ton and Robert Ames as John Case, the roles taken by Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant in the…
- Whose face was so unforgettable in the title role of The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928)? Falconetti (Marie Falconetti, 1901-46), a French stage actress, starred in The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928) by Carl Dreyer. This was Falconetti's only film.
- What was the name of the United States president in Dr. Strangelove (1964)? The name of the United States president in Dr. Strangelove was Merkin Muffley (Peter Sellers). The president's name in Seven Days in May ( 1964 ) was Jordan Lyman (Fredric March). The president's…
- What did the “D. W.” in director D. W. Griffith’s name stand for? "D. W." in director D. W. Griffith's name stands for David Wark (1874-1948).
- In The Big Easy (1987), what is the name of the slush fund into which police graft is being funneled? In The Big Easy (1987), the name of the slush fund into which police graft is being funneled is The Widows and Orphans Fund.
- For what magazine did Macauley Connor work in The Philadelphia Story (1940)? Macauley Connor worked for Spy magazine in The Philadelphia Story.