Clifford Odets wrote a play called Paradise Lost that was not based on Milton’s poem, in 1935.
The play was about the fall of a middle-class family.
- Who was commemorated in Milton’s elegy Lycidas (1637)? Edward King, a college friend from Cambridge who had become a clergyman was commemorated in Milton's elegy Lycidas. He drowned in 1637.
- What were the first names of Scott, Chekov, and McCoy on “Star Trek” (NBC, 1966-69)? Their first names of Scott, Chekov, and McCoy on "Star Trek" are as follows: Montgomery Scott Pavel Andreivich Chekov Leonard McCoy
- What was the Code of Hammurabi? The oldest legal code, the Code of Hammurabi was developed circa 1950 B.C. during the reign of Babylonian leader Hammurabi. It is now known for its emphasis on the law of retaliation (an…
- What poem says the world ends “Not with a bang but a whimper”? T. S. Eliot's "The Hollow Men" (1925) says the world ends "Not with a bang but a whimper".
- What was Ron Howard’s directorial debut? Ron Howard's directorial debut was Grand Theft Auto (1977). The movie featured Marion Ross, Howard's TV mom on "Happy Days" (ABC, 1974-84).
- Who played the leads in Marco (1973), the musical adaptation of Marco Polo’s journey to the Orient? In a triumph of odd casting, Desi Arnaz, Jr., played Marco Polo and Zero Mostel played Kublai Khan, for the musical adaptation of Marco Polo's journey to the Orient.