T. S. Eliot’s “The Hollow Men” (1925) says the world ends “Not with a bang but a whimper”.
- Who played Flipper in the movie Flipper (1963)? Mitzi played Flipper. Susie played the dolphin in the sequel, Flipper's New Adventure (1964), and in the TV series "Flipper" (NBC, 1964-68).
- Who wrote “That government is best which governs least”? Henry David Thoreau wrote "That government is best which governs least", in his essay, "Civil Disobedience" (1849).
- Which work by Oscar Wilde includes the statement “I can resist everything except temptation”? Lady Windermere's Fan (1892) by Oscar Wilde includes the statement "I can resist everything except temptation".
- How does Bernard Malamud’s The Natural (1952) end? Unlike the 1988 film adaptation, in which Roy Hobbs wins the World Series with a pyrotechnic home run, Bernard Malamud's original story The Natural has the slugger, preoccupied with sex and materialism, throw…
- What is the difference between Brahman and Brahmin? Brahman is, in Hinduism, the great power of the universe, or "world spirit." In the Upanishads, it also refers to a person's spirit. A Brahmin is a member of the priesthood, or varna,…
- Did Samuel Goldwyn say, “The next time I send a damn fool for something, I go myself”? Director Michael Curtiz said "The next time I send a damn fool for something, I go myself" in disgust at a building prop person.