Poet Henry Timrod (1828-67) of Charleston, South Carolina, author of “The Cotton Boll” and “Ethnogenesis” was given the title “Laureate of the Confederacy”.
- How much was Benedict Arnold given by the British to be a traitor?
- When was the U.S. government given the right to tax its citizens?
- Who is known as the “poet of the American Revolution”?
- Who was the model for Saul Bellow’s hard-drinking poet Von Humboldt Fleisher in his novel Humboldt’s Gift (1975)?
- To whose funeral in 1885 did Tennyson send a wreath inscribed “To the World’s Greatest Poet”?