John Wayne played the centurion at the crucifixion in The Greatest Story Ever Told.
His only line was, “Truly, this was the Son of God.”
The movie was director George Stevens’s version of the life of Christ.
- Who is featured in Plutarch’s Lives? The Parallel Lives (first century A.D.) pairs biographies of famous Greeks and Romans, such as the orators Demosthenes and Cicero. The book provided background for some of Shakespeare's plays, including Julius Caesar.
- When were George Burns and Gracie Allen married? George Burns and Gracie Allen were married in 1926. Their marriage lasted until Gracie's death in 1965.
- Did Walter Matthau ever direct a movie? Walter Matthau directed only one movie, Gangster Story (1959). He both directed and starred in it.
- What is Jodie Foster’s real name? Jodie Foster's real name is Alicia Christian Foster. She was born in 1962 in the Bronx, New York.
- What is the one thing that history has taught us, according to Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) in The Godfather, Part II (1974)? According to Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) in The Godfather, Part II (1974), the one thing that history has taught us is "That you can kill anybody."
- Who are the most married Hollywood stars? Zsa Zsa Gabor, Stan Laurel, Mickey Rooney, Elizabeth Taylor, and Lana Turner have each been married eight times.